Built prior to 1890, the Lower Fern Ridge School is the last standing building from the historic town of Alvadore. The school has been relocated to the Camas County Mill in Eugene, Oregon, preserving this one room school for future generations. One of the graduates, Lew Bailey, is still around and has told of the names of school kids written in graphite under the coat racks that are still visible.
Tim and Sue Hunton , owners of the Camas County Mill, purchased the school from a generous neighbor, saving it from a new life as scrap wood. They moved the schoolhouse across fields and over a creek to its new home on the Hunton’s Farm.
Until the next adventure….