Built prior to 1882, the first Camas School in Clark County, Washington, was replaced by a four room school with indoor plumbing in 1886. The first school remained on the grounds of the new school until 1907, when the the Columbia River Paper Company gave the Boy Scouts permission to relocate the school to their property where it still stands today. It was used as a scout meeting place until 1934, when the new owners of the mill, Crown Willamette Paper Company, donated land for a park. Today the school is used primarily for city youth activities.
Until the next adventure….